Manual urine testing:
SUBJECTIVE AND VARIABLE
Can be unreliable and inefficient due to subjectivity and variability in the test process.
CHALLENGING TO AUDIT
Makes auditing of urinalysis data challenging if test information is recorded inconsistently.
INCREASED RISK OF EXPOSURE
Heightens infection control risk with exposure to open urine samples and decanting from one container to another.
Urine Testing System™:
AUTOMATE BEST PRACTICE
Delivers a fully automated urinalysis test and urinalysis system, improving workflow by enabling you to focus on other tasks whilst the test is processing.
Using urinalysis technology – reflectance photometry – the UTS Digital Analyser™ takes accurate digital readings at specific time intervals for optimal accuracy. This ensures best practice around reading results is now automated.
STANDARDISE RESULTS FOR AUDIT
Supports you to respond to the increasing pressure to present auditable health population data in line with national improvement targets.
UTS Software™ presents 10 parameter results for every test in a standardised format in the patient record. This saves time and ensures compliance for audit.
REDUCE INFECTION RISK
Improves infection control by providing a ‘single tube’, closed system from collection of sample to laboratory.
The sample is processed inside the urinalysis machine – the UTS Digital Analyser™ – eliminating the need to dip open urine and reducing physical exposure.
THE WORLD’S FIRST CLOSED DIGITAL URINE TEST
URINE TESTING SYSTEM™
HYGIENIC, RELIABLE AND EFFICIENT DIGITAL SOLUTION FOR URINALYSIS
Urine Testing System™:
- Is an electronic urine test that gives reliable, quantitative results at point-of-care.
- Ensures the consistent and comprehensive recording of all test results.
- Is a ‘closed’, single-tube solution from collection of patient sample to laboratory, preventing contamination from open samples and improving infection control.
- Is an automated point-of-care urinalysis test and urinalysis system which allows you to focus on other tasks whilst the results are processing.
- Can analyse smaller urine samples (as small as c.2ml) than manual dip testing.
- Eliminates manual transcription errors through the digital transfer of results into the patient record. This ensures that data is consistent and comprehensive for clinical audit.
EXPERIENCE IMMEDIATE BENEFITS AND IMPROVEMENTS
From first use:
- Benefit from improved workflow and more efficient testing throughput. Urine Testing System™ users report significant time savings when testing and recording results when using our urinalysis technology .1
- Present comprehensive data in the patient record for clinical review/ audit purposes. Users have found that being able to review all the data in a consistent format provides a more accurate clinical picture over time.2
- Improve hygiene with no/ reduced exposure to urine samples. Our award-winning design presents the first ever ‘closed’ digital urine test, which offers automated urinalysis.3
- Reduce plastic waste from consumables. Urine Testing System™ users experience up to a 50% reduction in plastic containers4.
SIGN UP TO URINE TESTING SYSTEM™
“Once you’ve used it you would really struggle to not have it in your life. It’s so simple, it’s so clean and it’s quick which is really important for us in a very busy clinic where we were looking at how can we make our urine system work more effectively…it’s so labour saving.
There’s not an awful lot that needs to be put in place for you to implement it.
Urine Testing System™ really is worth implementing and is a very simple, quick win.”
Urine Testing System™ consistently delivers a faster, more accurate, and hygienic electronic urine test which supports clinical audit, antimicrobial stewardship and improved patient pathways.
With fast easy implementation, minimal disruption and training, why don’t you sign up now to experience immediate benefits and improvements?
Urine Testing System™ is available to buy worldwide.
1. “We’ve found that we are saving time processing urine samples… I would say very crudely that it’s probably shaving off five minutes per urine sample, every sample we have.” https://clinical.design/2021/05/07/digital-urine-testing-proves-cleaner-faster-and-more-accurate-in-gp-trials/
2. “Urine Testing System™ shows you the clinical data, you can actually see it recorded in a uniform technique. It’s very precise, nothing is being missed… Before it was open to interpretation, as to who was putting what information into the clinical notes. You can only look back on the information that has been provided and it is quite variable. Being able to look back and see all the data is more professional and much more clinical.” https://clinical.design/2021/05/07/digital-urine-testing-proves-cleaner-faster-and-more-accurate-in-gp-trials/
3. “We have found that it’s cleaner, it’s more precise, it’s faster, it’s much more accurate now than it was before when we were using manual testing.” https://clinical.design/2021/05/07/digital-urine-testing-proves-cleaner-faster-and-more-accurate-in-gp-trials/
Winner of the Gold iF Design Award 2020 https://clinical.design/2020/04/08/urine-testing-system-wins-gold-if-design-award-2020/ and the Red Dot Award 2019 https://clinical.design/2019/03/25/urine-testing-system-wins-red-dot-award-2019/
4. Based over 10,000 tests, assumption 50% of tests are sent for further laboratory analysis using up to three containers (manual test process) and one container Urine Testing System™. Assumption that in both cases 50% of tests require only one container for no further analysis.